.umUS Minor Outlying Is.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are:
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
.um Domain Cost
This domain is currently un-available for registration
Our prices include, email forwarding, web forwarding, pop boxes1, web hosting2, whois privacy, delete protection and other services all subject to our terms and conditions.
These services may be subject to limitations and additional conditions set by the specific cctld registry.
In addition all domains registered with BB Online are totally inclusive of maintenance and all third party fees incurred during the course of registration. We guarantee that no additional costs - hidden or otherwise - will be added.
.um Domain General Information
In January 2007, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers reportedly dropped the .um domain from the master list of domain names in response to the domain's being unused and the desire of the University of Southern California Informaton Sciences Institute to divest itself of responsibility for the domain.. In November 2007 at the registry website of www.nic.um a message stated "Registration is CLOSED at this time. We are only accepting Registrar Accounts." Links to a brief description of each of the individual American islands were also given. In December 2007, registration was opened on an experimental basis with an "Annual Account Maintenance" fee of $1,200 and a $30 annual domain registration.
Since the University of Southern California Information Sciences Institute divested itself of this registry, in late 2006, EP.NET hosted USMIR and continued to administer it. According to the www.nic.um site at that time, the TLD was no longer affilated with the University of Southern California's Information Sciences Institute and had spun off the venture into an independent company, USMIR, which has the same contact information as that of the limited liability company EP.net. Accessing the website without the "www" subdomain returned a copy of the main site for EP.net.
Some .um websites, like 'hotel.um' and 'co.um' sprung up after the TLD opened, however as of April 20, 2008, the .um domain has been removed from the root zone, thus these domains are inaccessible now. It appears ICANN took the action of removing .u from the root since the University of Southern California Information Sciences Institute requested this. Whether USMIR will refund domain owners because of this is not known. According to the revocation report on the IANA website, the U.S. DOC has approved the removal and has also instructed ICANN not to reassign the domain without prior approval from the U.S. DOC. Hence it appears USMIR was not authorised to manage the domain after USC/ISI disposed of it, and to reinstate this domain USMIR would have to liaise with the U.S. DOC for proper approval.
Background Information :The United States Minor Outlying Islands, a statistical designation defined by the International Organization for Standardization's ISO 3166-1 code, consists of nine United States insular areas.
Palmyra Atoll is the only incorporated territory. As of 2008, none of the islands has any permanent residents. The only human population consists of temporarily stationed scientific and military personnel. The 2000 census counted 315 people on Johnson Atoll and 1 person on Wake Island. There has been no indigenous population, except at the 1940 census. The Baker, Howland and Jarvis Colonization Scheme attempted to settle Americans on those three islands beginning in 1935, but all three islands were evacuated in 1942 as a result of World War II.
Background information supplied by Wikipedia.It is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
US Minor Outlying Is. Restrictions:
Restrictions: US Minor Outlying Is. domains, Registrations not possible, domain not in root
All our domain prices include the maintenance & all other 3rd party fees during the registration period. There are no other costs involved when registering domain names, no transfer fees and no hidden costs.
US Minor Outlying Is. Registry
United States Minor Outlying Islands Registry runs the .um domain registry. They are the sole source of domains.
The domain name registry is operated by United States Minor Outlying Islands Registry. All domain names are registered via them.domains are sponsored by Was University of Southern California Information Sciences Institute.
domains are intended for Entities connected with United States Minor Outlying Islands.
No longer in root.
Domains are registered subject to both our terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the registry, United States Minor Outlying Islands Registry.
Domain name services and options
- Helpful Support We offer real support, speak to a real support person on a standard rate phone line or if you wish contact us via email.
- Control Panels You can access your easy to use control panel and configure your domains anywhere anytime.
- Email Forwarding Unlimited Email forwarding from your domain names to any other email addresses.
- Web Forwarding Redirect your domain name to any other domain name.
Updated hourly and includes a capture all alias, Cloaked / Standard Web Redirection, Change redirections as often as you need.
- Free Parking Page We can park your domain name for free.
- DNS Zonefile Management Change A / MX / CNAME records for your domain.
- Change your DNS to any host Choose ANY hosting provider and let us manage just your domain name if required.
- Locked Domain Names Where possible we will implement a Registrar-Lock on your domains to prevent illegal transfers.
- Free transfers away, no admin feesTransfer your DNS freely (if required). Delegate your DNS to any provider you choose.
- Total Lock & SecurityIf this option is selected we will manually verify, the transfer request & request proof of authority. The ultimate in domain name security.
- Delete Protection If selected we will not delete your domain name at expiry and will give you 1 year to renew the domain. Available on selected TLD's only.
- Web Hosting Free web hosting for the first year. Subject to size and bandwidth constraints.
- Free Pop Boxes Two free pop boxes with every domain name registered.
- Free Whois Privacy Whois privacy applied upon request. (if the registry allows this).