The only letters allowed within a domain name are:
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
.tv Domain Cost
Prices in Australian Dollars (AUD) Pound Sterling (GBP) Danish Krone (DKK) Euros (EUR) New Zealand Dollars (NZD) Swedish Krona (SEK) US Dollars (USD)
Please Note: Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price.
Our prices include, email forwarding, web forwarding, pop boxes1, web hosting2, whois privacy, delete protection and other services all subject to our terms and conditions.
These services may be subject to limitations and additional conditions set by the specific cctld registry.
In addition all domains registered with BB Online are totally inclusive of maintenance and all third party fees incurred during the course of registration. We guarantee that no additional costs - hidden or otherwise - will be added.
.tv Tuvalu Renewals
.tv Domain General Information
Except for reserved names like .com.tv, .net.tv, .org.tv and others, any person in the world can register a .tv domain for a fee. The domain name is popular (and thus economically valuable) because it is an abbreviation of the word 'television' (othr similar ccTLDs are .me, .fm, .am, .cd, .dj and .mu). Such unconventional usage of TLDs in domain names are known as domain hacks. The domain is currently operated by dotTV, a VeriSign company; the Tuvalu government owns twenty percent of the company. In 2000, Tuvalu negotiated a contract leasing its Internet domain name ".tv" for $50 million in royalties over a 12-year period. The Tuvalu government receives a quarterly payment of US$1 million for use of the top-level domain.
On December 14, 2006, VeriSign announced an alliance with Demand Media, run by ex-MySpace chairman Richard Rosenblatt to market the .tv Top Level Domain Name (TLD) as the preferred web address for rich media content.
Background Information :
PopulationJuly 2007 estimate 11,992 (222nd) - Density 441/km2 (22nd) 1,142/sq mi
GDP(PPP) 2002 estimate - Total $14.94 million (228th) - Per capita $1,600 (2002 estimate) (148th if ranked)
National AnthemTuvalu mo te Atua (Tuvaluan) Tuvalu for the Almighty Royal anthem: God Save the Queen
AreaTotal 26 km2 (226th) 10 sq mi - Water (%) negligible
International Dialling Code688
CurrencyTuvaluan dollar Australian dollar (AUD)
GovernmentParliamentary Democracy with a Constitutional monarchy - Queen Elizabeth II - Governor General Filoimea Telito - Prime Minister Apisai Ielemia
Motto: "Tuvalu mo te Atua" (Tuvaluan) "Tuvalu for the Almighty"
Time Zone(UTC+12) Tuvalu, formerly known as the Ellice Islands, is a Polynesian island nation located in the Pacific Ocean midway between Hawaii and Australia. Its nearest neighbours are Kiribati, Samoa and Fiji. It comprises four reef islands ad five true atolls. Its population of 11,992 makes it the third-least populated independent country in the world, with only Vatican City and Nauru having fewer inhabitants. It is also the second-smallest member by population of the United Nations. In terms of physical land size, at just 26 square kilometres (10 sq mi) Tuvalu is the fourth smallest country in the world, larger only than the Vatican City 0.44 km; Monaco 1.95 km and Nauru 21 km.
The first inhabitants of Tuvalu were Polynesian people. The islands came under the UK's sphere of influence in the late 19th century. The Ellice Islands were administered by Britain as part of a protectorate from 1892 to 1916 and as part of the Gilbrt and Ellice Islands Colony from 1916 to 1974. In 1974 the Ellice Islanders voted for separate British dependency status as Tuvalu, separating from the Gilbert Islands which became Kiribati upon independence. Tuvalu became fully independent within The Commonwealth in 1978.
Background information supplied by Wikipedia.It is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
Restrictions: Tuvalu domains, None
All our Tuvaluan domain prices include the maintenance & all other 3rd party fees during the registration period. There are no other costs involved when registering Tuvaluan domain names, no transfer fees and no hidden costs.
The .tv Corporation (a VeriSign company) runs the .tv Tuvaluan domain registry. They are the sole source of Tuvaluan domains.
The Tuvaluan domain name registry is operated by The .tv Corporation (a VeriSign company). All Tuvaluan domain names are registered via them.Tuvaluan domains are sponsored by Government of Tuvalu.
Tuvaluan domains are intended for Entities connected with Tuvalu.
Direct second-level registrations are allowed; some second-level domains such as gov.tv are reserved for third-level domains representing entities in Tuvalu.
Tuvaluan Domains are subject to both our terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Tuvaluan registry, The .tv Corporation (a VeriSign company) Tuvaluan domains.
In the event of you entering into a dispute concerning your Tuvaluan domain name then you can find the relevant d ispute policy detailing what you do should here: http://www.verisign.com/en_US/legal-notices/index.xhtml
Domain name services and options
- Helpful Support We offer real support, speak to a real support person on a standard rate phone line or if you wish contact us via email.
- Control Panels You can access your easy to use control panel and configure your domains anywhere anytime.
- Email Forwarding Unlimited Email forwarding from your domain names to any other email addresses.
- Web Forwarding Redirect your domain name to any other domain name.
Updated hourly and includes a capture all alias, Cloaked / Standard Web Redirection, Change redirections as often as you need.
- Free Parking Page We can park your domain name for free.
- DNS Zonefile Management Change A / MX / CNAME records for your domain.
- Change your DNS to any host Choose ANY hosting provider and let us manage just your domain name if required.
- Locked Domain Names Where possible we will implement a Registrar-Lock on your domains to prevent illegal transfers.
- Free transfers away, no admin feesTransfer your DNS freely (if required). Delegate your DNS to any provider you choose.
- Total Lock & SecurityIf this option is selected we will manually verify, the transfer request & request proof of authority. The ultimate in domain name security.
- Delete Protection If selected we will not delete your domain name at expiry and will give you 1 year to renew the domain. Available on selected TLD's only.
- Web Hosting Free web hosting for the first year. Subject to size and bandwidth constraints.
- Free Pop Boxes Two free pop boxes with every domain name registered.
- Free Whois Privacy Whois privacy applied upon request. (if the registry allows this).