The only letters allowed within a domain name are:
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
.gv.at Domain Cost
Prices in Australian Dollars (AUD) Pound Sterling (GBP) Danish Krone (DKK) Euros (EUR) New Zealand Dollars (NZD) Swedish Krona (SEK) US Dollars (USD)
Please Note: Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price.
|The applicant must be a member of the Austrian government.|
|None, except for restricted subdomains .gv.at and .ac.at|
|The applicant must be an educational establishment within Austria.|
Our prices include, email forwarding, web forwarding, pop boxes1, web hosting2, whois privacy, delete protection and other services all subject to our terms and conditions.
These services may be subject to limitations and additional conditions set by the specific cctld registry.
In addition all domains registered with BB Online are totally inclusive of maintenance and all third party fees incurred during the course of registration. We guarantee that no additional costs - hidden or otherwise - will be added.
.gv.at Austria Renewals
.gv.at Domain General Information
The .at top-level domain has a number of second-level domains. These are:.gv.at - for governmental institutions (registration is handled by the Austrian Federal Chancellery).ac.at - for academic and educational institutions (registration is handled by the University of Vienna).co.at - intended for companies (unrestrictedregistration).or.at - intended for organizations (unrestricted registration)However, it is also possible to register, unrestrictedly, directly at the second level. Given the number of English words that end with -at, this presents the possibility for many domain hacks. bo.at is an example to put into consideration, despite there are at least three characters for the second level required, e.g. form.at. Domain hacks treating "at" as a word in its own right (such as arrive.at) are also widespread.
Registrations of internationalized domain names are accepted according to the following instructions.
Background Information :
Population2007 estimate 8,316,487 (93rd) - 2001 census 8,032,926 - Density 99/km2 (99th) 257/sq mi
GDP(PPP) 2007 estimate - Total $317.007 billion (34th) - Per capita $38,180 (IMF) (8th)
National AnthemLand der Berge, Land am Strome (German) Land of Mountains, Land by the River
AreaTotal 83,872 km2 (115th) 32,383 sq mi - Water (%) 1.7
International Dialling Code43
GovernmentFederal Parliamentary republic - President Heinz Fischer - Chancellor Werner Faymann Independence - Austrian State Treaty in force July 27, 1955 - Declaration of Neutrality October 26, 1955 (before: Austrian Empire: 1804, First Austrian Republic: 1918) EU
LanguageGerman, locally also Slovene, Croatian and Hungarian
Time ZoneCET (UTC+1) - Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2) Austria (German: Osterreich), officially the Republic of Austria (German: Republik Osterreich), is a landlocked country in Central Europe and Danubian Europe. It borders both Germany and the Czech Republic to the north, Slovakia and Hungary to the east, Slovenia and Italy to the south, and Switzerland and Liechtenstein to the west. The capital is the city of Vienna on the Danube River.
The origins of Austria date back to the ninth century, when the territory of Upper and Lower Austria became increasingly populated. The name "Ostarrichi" is first documented in an official document from 996. Since then this word has developed into Osterreich. For historic informations see Article: Habsburg Monarchy
Background information supplied by Wikipedia.It is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
Restrictions: Austria domains, None, except for restricted subdomains .gv.at and .ac.at
All our Austrian domain prices include the maintenance & all other 3rd party fees during the registration period. There are no other costs involved when registering Austrian domain names, no transfer fees and no hidden costs.
NIC.AT runs the .gv.at Austrian domain registry. They are the sole source of Austrian domains.
The Austrian domain name registry is operated by NIC.AT. All Austrian domain names are registered via them.Austrian domains are sponsored by NIC.AT.
Austrian domains are intended for Entities connected with Austria.
Registrations are directly at second level, or at third level beneath several second-level labels.
Austrian Domains are subject to both our terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Austrian registry, NIC.AT Austrian domains.
In the event of you entering into a dispute concerning your Austrian domain name then you can find the relevant d ispute policy detailing what you do should here: http://www.streitschlichtung.at/
Domain name services and options
- Helpful Support We offer real support, speak to a real support person on a standard rate phone line or if you wish contact us via email.
- Control Panels You can access your easy to use control panel and configure your domains anywhere anytime.
- Email Forwarding Unlimited Email forwarding from your domain names to any other email addresses.
- Web Forwarding Redirect your domain name to any other domain name.
Updated hourly and includes a capture all alias, Cloaked / Standard Web Redirection, Change redirections as often as you need.
- Free Parking Page We can park your domain name for free.
- DNS Zonefile Management Change A / MX / CNAME records for your domain.
- Change your DNS to any host Choose ANY hosting provider and let us manage just your domain name if required.
- Locked Domain Names Where possible we will implement a Registrar-Lock on your domains to prevent illegal transfers.
- Free transfers away, no admin feesTransfer your DNS freely (if required). Delegate your DNS to any provider you choose.
- Total Lock & SecurityIf this option is selected we will manually verify, the transfer request & request proof of authority. The ultimate in domain name security.
- Delete Protection If selected we will not delete your domain name at expiry and will give you 1 year to renew the domain. Available on selected TLD's only.
- Web Hosting Free web hosting for the first year. Subject to size and bandwidth constraints.
- Free Pop Boxes Two free pop boxes with every domain name registered.
- Free Whois Privacy Whois privacy applied upon request. (if the registry allows this).