The only letters allowed within a domain name are:
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
.gov.bz Domain Cost
Prices in Australian Dollars (AUD) Pound Sterling (GBP) Danish Krone (DKK) Euros (EUR) New Zealand Dollars (NZD) Swedish Krona (SEK) US Dollars (USD)
Please Note: Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price.
|Registration restricted to official Belizian government organisations.|
|Registration restricted to Belizian institutions involved in education.|
Our prices include, email forwarding, web forwarding, pop boxes1, web hosting2, whois privacy, delete protection and other services all subject to our terms and conditions.
These services may be subject to limitations and additional conditions set by the specific cctld registry.
In addition all domains registered with BB Online are totally inclusive of maintenance and all third party fees incurred during the course of registration. We guarantee that no additional costs - hidden or otherwise - will be added.
.gov.bz Belize Renewals
.gov.bz Domain General Information
At one point, .bz domains were being marketed by an American company as standing for "business", and that company took legal action against ICANN in an attempt to block the .biz domain as "unfair competition". Currently, the registry is in Belize, but is still marketing the domain outside the country as "meaning business". Internationalized domains with a wide assortment of non-ASCII characters are also available.
A lot of websites in Italy use this domain, because the abbreviation of Bolzano (de. Bozen) and the official abbreviation of the province of Bolzano-Bozen is BZ. Many websites use the Italian subdomain .bz.it. Servers for the Open Source game BZFlag often use names ending in .bz.
There are some second-level domains in use, however these are not required:com.bz (commercial)edu.bz (educational)gov.bz (government)net.bz (networking)org.bz (organizations)
Background Information :
Population2008 estimate 320,000 (174thÙ) - Density 13/km2 (202ndÙ) 34/sq mi
GDP(PPP) 2007 estimate - Total $2.399 billion (163rd) - Per capita $7,720 (76th)
National Anthem"Land of the Free" Royal anthem: "God Save the Queen"
AreaTotal 22,966 km2 (150th) 8,867 sq mi - Water (%) 0.7
International Dialling Code501
CurrencyBelize dollar (BZD)
Population typeMestizo, Kriol, Spanish, Maya, Garinagu, Mennonite, East Indian
GovernmentParliamentary democracy and Constitutional monarchy - Monarch Elizabeth II - Governor-General Sir Colville Young - Prime Minister Dean Barrow
LanguageEnglish Recognised regional languages Kriol (the lingua franca), Spanish
Motto: Sub Umbra Floreo (Latin) "Under the Shade I Flourish"
Time Zonecentral time (UTC-6) Belize, formerly British Honduras, is a country in Central America. Once part of the Mayan, and very briefly the Spanish Empire, it was most recently affiliated with the British Empire, prior to gaining its independence in 1981. The country is bordered to the south and west by Guatemala, to the north by Mexico, and to the east by the Caribbean Sea.
Belize has a diverse society, composed of many cultures and speaking many languages. It is the only country in Central America where English is an official language, although Kriol and Spanish are also widely spoken. With 8,867 square miles (22,960 mÃ) of territory and 320,000 people (2008 est.), the population density is the lowest in the Central American region and one of the lowest in the world. The country's population growth rate, 2.21% (2008 est.), is the highest in the region and one of the highest in the western hemisphere. It remains a Commonwealth realm.
Background information supplied by Wikipedia.It is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
Restrictions: Belize domains, None
All our Belizian domain prices include the maintenance & all other 3rd party fees during the registration period. There are no other costs involved when registering Belizian domain names, no transfer fees and no hidden costs.
Belize Network Information Center (managed by University Management Ltd runs the .gov.bz Belizian domain registry. They are the sole source of Belizian domains.
The Belizian domain name registry is operated by Belize Network Information Center (managed by University Management Ltd. All Belizian domain names are registered via them.Belizian domains are sponsored by University of Belize.
Belizian domains are intended for Entities connected with Belize.
Registrations can be made directly at the second level as well as at the third level beneath various second level labels.
Belizian Domains are subject to both our terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Belizian registry, Belize Network Information Center (managed by University Management Ltd Belizian domains.
In the event of you entering into a dispute concerning your Belizian domain name then you can find the relevant d ispute policy detailing what you do should here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UDRP
Domain name services and options
- Helpful Support We offer real support, speak to a real support person on a standard rate phone line or if you wish contact us via email.
- Control Panels You can access your easy to use control panel and configure your domains anywhere anytime.
- Email Forwarding Unlimited Email forwarding from your domain names to any other email addresses.
- Web Forwarding Redirect your domain name to any other domain name.
Updated hourly and includes a capture all alias, Cloaked / Standard Web Redirection, Change redirections as often as you need.
- Free Parking Page We can park your domain name for free.
- DNS Zonefile Management Change A / MX / CNAME records for your domain.
- Change your DNS to any host Choose ANY hosting provider and let us manage just your domain name if required.
- Locked Domain Names Where possible we will implement a Registrar-Lock on your domains to prevent illegal transfers.
- Free transfers away, no admin feesTransfer your DNS freely (if required). Delegate your DNS to any provider you choose.
- Total Lock & SecurityIf this option is selected we will manually verify, the transfer request & request proof of authority. The ultimate in domain name security.
- Delete Protection If selected we will not delete your domain name at expiry and will give you 1 year to renew the domain. Available on selected TLD's only.
- Web Hosting Free web hosting for the first year. Subject to size and bandwidth constraints.
- Free Pop Boxes Two free pop boxes with every domain name registered.
- Free Whois Privacy Whois privacy applied upon request. (if the registry allows this).