The only letters allowed within a domain name are:
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
.fi Domain Cost
Prices in Australian Dollars (AUD) Pound Sterling (GBP) Danish Krone (DKK) Euros (EUR) New Zealand Dollars (NZD) Swedish Krona (SEK) US Dollars (USD)
Please Note: Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price.
Our prices include, email forwarding, web forwarding, pop boxes1, web hosting2, whois privacy, delete protection and other services all subject to our terms and conditions.
These services may be subject to limitations and additional conditions set by the specific cctld registry.
In addition all domains registered with BB Online are totally inclusive of maintenance and all third party fees incurred during the course of registration. We guarantee that no additional costs - hidden or otherwise - will be added.
.fi Finland Renewals
.fi Domain General Information
December 4, 1986 an application to register top level domain for Finland was sent by Finnish Unix Users Group from Tampere. The application was accepted and the administration of .fi TLD was granted to Tampere University of Technology. Later the administration was transferred first to FICIX and later to FICORA.
In the past FICORA regulated .fi domains very strictly. Domain names were only admitted to company names or companies that owned trademarks. This policy led to Finnish companies' applying for domains under other top-level domains. The policy was changed on September 1, 2003.
.fi was once best known among non-Finnish internet users as the TLD of the Penet remailer (anon.penet.fi), a privately operated server which enabled users to post e-mail and Usenet messages anonymously in the early 1990s.
Since March 1, 2006, also private persons have been able to apply for a domain name. Some restrictions still apply, for example, company names or trademarks can only be applied for by the companies concerned.
Background Information :
Registrant must be entered in either the Finish Trade Register, Association Register or Foundation Register.
Population2008 estimate 5,326,164 (111th) - 2000 census 5,155,000 - Density 16/km2 (201st) 40/sq mi
GDP(PPP) 2007 estimate - Total $185.853 billion (52nd) - Per capita $35,349 (IMF) (12th)
National AnthemMaamme (Finnish), "Our Land"
AreaTotal 338,145 km2 (64th) 130,558 sq mi - Water (%) 10,0
International Dialling Code358
GovernmentSemi-presidential republic - President Tarja Halonen (sd) - Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen (c) - Parliament's speaker Sauli NiinistÈµ (nc) Independencefrom Russian Empire - Autonomy March 29, 1809 - Declared December 6, 1917 - Recognised January 4, 1918 EU
LanguageFinnish, Swedish Recognised regional languages Sami
Time ZoneEET (UTC+2) - Summer (DST) EEST (UTC+3) Finland, officially the Republic of Finland, is a Nordic country situated in the Fennoscandian region of northern Europe. It borders Sweden on the west, Russia on the east, and Norway on the north, while Estonia lies to its south across the Gulf of Finland. The capital city is Helsinki.
Around 5.2 million people reside in Finland, with the majority concentrated in the southern part of the country. It is the eighth largest country in Europe in terms of area and the most sparsely populated country in the European Union. The native laguage for most of the population is Finnish, a member of the Finno-Ugric language family most closely related to Estonian and one of the four official EU languages not of Indo-European origin. The second official language, Swedish, is spoken by a 5.5 percent minority. Finland is a democratic, parliamentary republic with a mostly Helsinki-based central government and local governments in 415 municipalities. A total of a million residents live in Greater Helsinki (including Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa) and a third of the country's GDP is produced there. Other major cities include Tampere, Turku, and Oulu.
Background information supplied by Wikipedia.It is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
Restrictions: Finland domains, Limited to companies and organizations registered in Finland and Finnish nationals; some liberalization of name restrictions was done in 2003 and 2006
All our Finnish domain prices include the maintenance & all other 3rd party fees during the registration period. There are no other costs involved when registering Finnish domain names, no transfer fees and no hidden costs.
FICORA runs the .fi Finnish domain registry. They are the sole source of Finnish domains.
The Finnish domain name registry is operated by FICORA. All Finnish domain names are registered via them.Finnish domains are sponsored by FICORA.
Finnish domains are intended for Entities connected with Finland.
Registrations are taken directly at second level.
Finnish Domains are registered subject to both our terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Finnish registry, FICORA.
Domain name services and options
- Helpful Support We offer real support, speak to a real support person on a standard rate phone line or if you wish contact us via email.
- Control Panels You can access your easy to use control panel and configure your domains anywhere anytime.
- Email Forwarding Unlimited Email forwarding from your domain names to any other email addresses.
- Web Forwarding Redirect your domain name to any other domain name.
Updated hourly and includes a capture all alias, Cloaked / Standard Web Redirection, Change redirections as often as you need.
- Free Parking Page We can park your domain name for free.
- DNS Zonefile Management Change A / MX / CNAME records for your domain.
- Change your DNS to any host Choose ANY hosting provider and let us manage just your domain name if required.
- Locked Domain Names Where possible we will implement a Registrar-Lock on your domains to prevent illegal transfers.
- Free transfers away, no admin feesTransfer your DNS freely (if required). Delegate your DNS to any provider you choose.
- Total Lock & SecurityIf this option is selected we will manually verify, the transfer request & request proof of authority. The ultimate in domain name security.
- Delete Protection If selected we will not delete your domain name at expiry and will give you 1 year to renew the domain. Available on selected TLD's only.
- Web Hosting Free web hosting for the first year. Subject to size and bandwidth constraints.
- Free Pop Boxes Two free pop boxes with every domain name registered.
- Free Whois Privacy Whois privacy applied upon request. (if the registry allows this).