The only letters allowed within a domain name are:
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
.edu.cm Domain Cost
Prices in Australian Dollars (AUD) Pound Sterling (GBP) Danish Krone (DKK) Euros (EUR) New Zealand Dollars (NZD) Swedish Krona (SEK) US Dollars (USD)
Please Note: Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price.
|There are no restrictions for registering a .COM.CM domain name.|
|There are no restrictions for registering a .COM.CM domain name.|
|There are no restrictions for registering a .NET.CM domain name.|
Our prices include, email forwarding, web forwarding, pop boxes1, web hosting2, whois privacy, delete protection and other services all subject to our terms and conditions.
These services may be subject to limitations and additional conditions set by the specific cctld registry.
In addition all domains registered with BB Online are totally inclusive of maintenance and all third party fees incurred during the course of registration. We guarantee that no additional costs - hidden or otherwise - will be added.
.edu.cm Cameroon Renewals
.edu.cm Domain General Information
In August 2006, it was reported that the .cm registry had set up a wildcard DNS record, so that all unregistered domains in this top-level domain go to a parking page with paid search links. This was likely intended to take advantage of typographical errors by users attempting to reach .com web sites. This has been tracked down to Kevin Ham.
The wildcard DNS record in fact comprises three entries:.cm 900 TXT "v=spf1 -all".cm 900 TXT "v=spf2.0/pra -all".cm 900 A 220.127.116.11The first two relate to sender policy framework, although the second is of questionable validity, and mark the wildcarded domains as not originating any email at all. The third causes any non-existent name under .cm to resolve to a search page.
Background Information :
PopulationJuly 2005 estimate 17,795,000 (58th) - 2003 census 15,746,179 - Density 37/km2 (167th) 97/sq mi
GDP(PPP) 2007 estimate - Total $39.474 billion - Per capita $2,093 (130th)
National AnthemÈö Cameroun, Berceau de nos AncÈ¬tres (French) O Cameroon, Cradle of our Forefathers
AreaTotal 475,442 km2 (53rd) 183,568 sq mi - Water (%) 1.3
International Dialling Code237
CurrencyCentral African CFA franc (XAF)
GovernmentRepublic - President Paul Biya - Prime Minister EphraÈ¯m Inoni
Motto: "Paix - Travail - Patrie" (French) "Peace - Work - Fatherland"
Time ZoneWAT (UTC+1) - Summer (DST) not observed (UTC+1) The Republic of Cameroon, French: RÈ¨publique Camerounaise, is a unitary republic of central and western Africa. It is bordered by Nigeria to the west; Chad to the northeast; the Central African Republic to the east; and Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, an the Republic of the Congo to the south. Cameroon's coastline lies on the Bight of Bonny, part of the Gulf of Guinea and the Atlantic Ocean. The country is called "Africa in miniature" for its geological and cultural diversity. Natural features include beaches, deserts, mountains, rainforets, and savannas. The highest point is Mount Cameroon in the southwest, and the largest cities are Douala, YaoundÈ¨, and Garoua. Cameroon is home to over 200 different ethnic and linguistic groups. The country is well known for its native styles of music, particularly makossa and bikutsi, and for its successful national football team. English and French are the official languages.
Early inhabitants of the territory included the Sao civilisation around Lake Chad and the Baka hunter-gatherers in the southeastern rainforest. Portuguese explorers reached the coast in the 15th century and named the area Rio dos CamarÈ´es ("River o Prawns"), the name from which Cameroon derives. Fulani soldiers founded the Adamawa Emirate in the north in the 19th century, and various ethnic groups of the west and northwest established powerful chiefdoms and fondoms. Cameroon became a German colony in 1884. After World War I, the territory ws divided between France and Britain as League of Nations mandates. The Union des Populations du Cameroun political party advocated independence but was outlawed in the 1950s. It waged war on French and Cameroonian forces until 1971. In 1960, French Cameroun became independent as the Republic of Cameroun under President Ahmadou Ahidjo. The southern part of British Cameroons merged with it in 1961 to form the Federal Republic of Cameroon. The country was renamed the United Republic of Cameroon in 1972 and the Republic of Cameroon in 1984.
Background information supplied by Wikipedia.It is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
All our Cameroonian domain prices include the maintenance & all other 3rd party fees during the registration period. There are no other costs involved when registering Cameroonian domain names, no transfer fees and no hidden costs.
Camtel runs the .edu.cm Cameroonian domain registry. They are the sole source of Cameroonian domains.
The Cameroonian domain name registry is operated by Camtel. All Cameroonian domain names are registered via them.Cameroonian domains are sponsored by Camtel.
Cameroonian domains are intended for Entities connected with Cameroon.
Registrations are made directly at the second level (there are also third-level registrations for government sites under gov.cm).
Cameroonian Domains are subject to both our terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Cameroonian registry, Camtel Cameroonian domains.
Domain name services and options
- Helpful Support We offer real support, speak to a real support person on a standard rate phone line or if you wish contact us via email.
- Control Panels You can access your easy to use control panel and configure your domains anywhere anytime.
- Email Forwarding Unlimited Email forwarding from your domain names to any other email addresses.
- Web Forwarding Redirect your domain name to any other domain name.
Updated hourly and includes a capture all alias, Cloaked / Standard Web Redirection, Change redirections as often as you need.
- Free Parking Page We can park your domain name for free.
- DNS Zonefile Management Change A / MX / CNAME records for your domain.
- Change your DNS to any host Choose ANY hosting provider and let us manage just your domain name if required.
- Locked Domain Names Where possible we will implement a Registrar-Lock on your domains to prevent illegal transfers.
- Free transfers away, no admin feesTransfer your DNS freely (if required). Delegate your DNS to any provider you choose.
- Total Lock & SecurityIf this option is selected we will manually verify, the transfer request & request proof of authority. The ultimate in domain name security.
- Delete Protection If selected we will not delete your domain name at expiry and will give you 1 year to renew the domain. Available on selected TLD's only.
- Web Hosting Free web hosting for the first year. Subject to size and bandwidth constraints.
- Free Pop Boxes Two free pop boxes with every domain name registered.
- Free Whois Privacy Whois privacy applied upon request. (if the registry allows this).