Asian Domains: Asia (.asia)
Important: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the Asian domain type, ie. “asia”. Therefore to search “www.bb-online.asia” enter “bb-online” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register .asia domains your future Asian domain, click here!
Once the domain is registered
All Asian domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for Asian domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but BB Online make no charge to transfer a domain to another Asian domain name registrar.
".asia"DotAsia Organisation Limited (DotAsia) was created for the purpose of managing and initiating a Top Level Domain (".asia") registry for the Asian community.
DotAsia is a not-for-profit organisation incorporated in Asia, registered as a Limited-by-Guarantee Company in Hong Kong.
DotAsia will be the Registry Operator for the ".asia" domain.
The objectives of DotAsia Organisation are as follows:
• To contribute technological advancements for the Pan-Asia and Asia Pacific Internet community;
• To operate a world-class TLD registry for the Pan-Asia and Asia Pacific community;
• To sponsor, establish and operate a regional Internet namespace with global recognition and regional significance.
The ".asia" domain is a highly recognisable phrase that is easy to remember and focused on the Asia identity. Hence only legal entities within the Pan-Asia and Asia-Pacific region can register names under ".asia" TLD. This can be done through an ICANN accredited registrars like ourselves.
The ".asia" registry will allow organisations, companies, individuals and events within the Asia community to establish an online identity. ".asia" contanins a horizontal perspective in order to reach a clear brand position within the broad global community. Unlike ccTLDs ".asia" will allow users to express a regional relevance.
The following name regulations applies to an ".asia" domain name:
• The maximum length for a domain name is 63 characters
• The minimum length for domain names is 3 characters (eg.: bbc.asia).
• The total amount of characters for a domain name, that is the sum of characters of all the names limited by dots, including the prefix ".asia", cannot be more than 255.
The following characters are allowed in a ".asia" domain name:
• It is possible to use all the numbers (0-9), letters (a-z) (ASCII) and the hyphen (-)
• A domain name cannot begin or end with a hyphen (-)
• Two hyphens (-) cannot follow each other.
• There is not yet an option to get IDN (International domain name) names under the ".asia" domain. First a ASCII domain name services will be launched and after that DotAsia will launch IDN services step by step, language by language, strictly following the IDN standards of IETF and IDN guidelines issued by ICANN.
DotAsia uses a Universal Dispute Resolution Policy as their default dispute resolution policy. However, they are right now exploring the feasibility of having a local dispute resolution policy wherever possible, this would make it easier for both parties if they come from the same economy, hence this may be very useful for IDN cases.
Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price. If you request a premium domain name we will contact you before completing your order.
In addition, the registry may at any time reserve domain names from registration or the sale may be restricted to comply with ICANN requirements.
International domain names from BB Online since 1997