Asian Domains: European Union (.eu)
Important: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the European Union domain type, ie. “eu”. Therefore to search “www.bb-online.eu” enter “bb-online” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register .eu domains your future European Union domain, click here!
Once the domain is registered
All European Union domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for European Union domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but BB Online make no charge to transfer a domain to another European Union domain name registrar.
Gradually increasing, mostly among sites with pan-European or cross-border intentions.(details)Registrations open to residents of European Union member countries only. You may register as many domains as you wish.
.eu domain names can only be registered for one year at a time, and must be at least 2 characters long with a maximum length of 63 characters.
Some domain names have been reserved by eurID, the ".eu" registry, and are unavailable. These include:
- geographical place names - Restricted geographical domain names
- two letter domain names which match official country codes - Restricted country code domain names
- names reserved for use by member states' governments only. Reserved domain names
- names reserved for the European Commission. EU reserved domain names
- names reserved for use by the ".eu" registry
More information on these reserved names, and lists of the reserved names themselves, can be found by clicking here.
Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price. If you request a premium domain name we will contact you before completing your order.
In addition, the registry may at any time reserve domain names from registration or the sale may be restricted to comply with ICANN requirements.
Bearing in mind the size of the European Union, and the number of countries this body contains, it is predicted the .eu domain name will become the second most popular domain name after .com addresses. There are nearly 500 million people who live in the European Union, and the number of residents gives weight to this claim. The .eu domain name represents their European identity.
- Population is estimated to be 494,070,000 people
- Gross Domestic Product is $15,200 billion US Dollars
- The European Union consists of 27 member states
- The European currency, the Euro, has been adopted as the national currency of 13 member states
- There are 23 different languages in use in the European Union
International domain names from BB Online since 1997