European Domains: Czech Republic (.cz)
Important: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the Czech domain type, ie. “cz”. Therefore to search “www.bb-online.cz” enter “bb-online” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register .cz domains your future Czech domain, click here!
Once the domain is registered
All Czech domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for Czech domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but BB Online make no charge to transfer a domain to another Czech domain name registrar.
.cz is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the Czech Republic.
The ccTLD for Czech Republic, meaning the Internet Country Code Top-Level Domain, is .cz. It is administered by CZ.NIC which is a group of 15 companies and was founded in 1998. All the companies are major providers of Internet Service. This ccTLD was previously used by Czechoslovakia before it was split in 1993.
The names are registered directly beneath .cz and applications are taken on a 'fire come, first servers' basis. There are no restrictions on who applies and no presence within the country is needed. If there is a problem with the name server, it does not affect the registration of the domain name. The name server will be checked by the Czech Republic Registry and registering a domain name can simply reserve it for you.
You can register a .cz domain name between a period of 1 to 10 years, yet certain regulations must be met beforehand. These are as follows:
- Payment for the domain name must be settled along with the registration.
- If you are looking to obtain a .cz domain name, you must agree with the Rules of registration and the Rules of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- The existing Domain Name has been assigned with an existing Contact in the role of the Holder.
- The requested domain name must follow the suitable domain criteria. This can be found below.
- All details required in the application must be filled in.
- The registration cannot contain any mistakes which may prevent it from further processing.
Rules regarding the domain name and to make sure it is suitable:
- Characters from the Roman Alphabet (a-z) can be used, along with the Arabic digits (0-9).
- Hyphens (-) can be placed in the domain name but they cannot be at the beginning or end. Two hyphens cannot be placed in a row (--).
- The maximum length is 63 characters. For practical reasons, it is not recommended to make it this long.
.cz is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the Czech Republic. It is administered by CZ.NIC. Registrations must be ordered via accredited domain name registrars.
Before the split in 1993 former Czechoslovakia used domain .cs.
- Population is estimated to be 10,287,189 people
- Gross Domestic Product is $198.931 billion US Dollars
- Languages recognised in Czech Republic are Czech
International domain names from BB Online since 1997