Asian Domains: Israel (.co.il)
Important: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the Israeli domain type, ie. “co.il”. Therefore to search “www.bb-online.co.il” enter “bb-online” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register .co.il domains your future Israeli domain, click here!
Once the domain is registered
All Israeli domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for Israeli domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but BB Online make no charge to transfer a domain to another Israeli domain name registrar.
Popular in IsraelIsrael
.il is the cctld for Israel
ISOC manages the ccTLD ".il" and domain names can be applied for via accredited registrars ".il" domain names can be registered and renewed for periods of one or two calendar years.
The Israel Internet Association (ISOC) was founded 1994 in order to promote the internet and its integration into Israel's technological, research, educational, social and business infrastructure.
ISOC acts towards developing and advancing the infrastructure services that are vital for the existence of the internet in Israel
The Association's operates the following activities in order to promote the internet in Israel:
• Registering Domain Names under il
• Establishing and managing the Israel Internet Exchange (IIX) (IIX), which directs all Israeli internal internet traffic between the various internet providers in the most effective manner and serves as the Israeli internets backbone.
• Hosting a DNS Root Server
• Raising awareness of internet technology and the importance of its integration within the Israeli community.
• Developing knowledge and disseminating it to the entire population.
• Making the internet more accessible for the disabled.
• Promoting internet use by third age individuals
• A task force for the promotion of life skills on the net (NetWise)
• Promoting education and informational PR for intelligent use of the Internet
• Encouraging volunteering on the net
• Promoting self-regulation of the internet in Israel
• Promoting open-code based activities
The ISOC also enriches professional knowledge by a Online magazine. The magazine constitutes a non-commercial platform for articles and papers in professional fields that, for the most part, do not receive adequate reference in Israel's computer-related press.
Within the .IL ccTLD, third level Domain Names are allocated by ISOC-IL under a limited number of second level domains ("SLD"). Here below we introduce these SLDs in two tables. The first table shows Domain Names that may be allocated to any person or legal entity and the second table shows Domain Names that can only be allocated under certain criteria.
|.co.il||for commercial entities.|
|.org.il||for non-commercial entities.|
SLDs to holders meeting certain criteria:
|.ac.il||for academic institutions of higher education that have been recognized by the Committee for Higher Education ("MALAG").|
|.gov.il||for governmental entities of the State of Israel.|
|.idf.il||for Israel military entities.|
|.k12.il|| for kindergartens, elementary schools, and high schools as classified by Ministry of
Education. Allocation under the .K12.IL SLD is made in the fourth level in the
following format: |
|.muni.il||for municipal and local government authorities|
|.net.il||for Internet Service Providers holding a valid Internet Service Provider license from the Israeli Ministry of Communications.|
The following regulations applies to an "il" domain name: • Domain Names needs to comply with the rules posted on http://www.isoc.org.il/domains/il- domain-rules.html.
• You can not apply for a domain names that is already allocated.
• Domain Names shorter than 3 (three) characters.
• A Domain Name may not start or end with a hyphen, nor can it contain two consecutive hyphens (i.e, "--").
• A Domain Name can not contain obscene words and names incorporating foul language, names that are injurious to public order or to public sensibilities, or names that otherwise do not comply with the laws of the State of Israel.
• A Domain Name may not be identical to any existing Top Level Domain name in the global Internet (at the time of application), and may not be the string "www".
• Domain Names must comply with the technical requirements of DNS in effect at the time the application is submitted.
Today (27th July - 2009) there are 150,404 registered Domain Names under the ccTLD ".il".
Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price. If you request a premium domain name we will contact you before completing your order.
In addition, the registry may at any time reserve domain names from registration or the sale may be restricted to comply with ICANN requirements.
The .il top-level domain is one of the earliest registered ccTLDs. When Israel registered it, on 24 October 1985, it was the third registration of any ccTLD, after .us and .uk, which were registered earlier that year.
International domain names from BB Online since 1997