African Domains: Belarus (.by)
Important: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the Belarus domain type, ie. “by”. Therefore to search “www.bb-online.by” enter “bb-online” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register .by domains your future Belarus domain, click here!
Once the domain is registered
All Belarus domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for Belarus domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but BB Online make no charge to transfer a domain to another Belarus domain name registrar.
Popular in Belarus and German Bavaria
Under the international standard ISO3166-1, .by is considered to be the Internet country code top--level domain name (ccTLD) for Belarus, officially known as the Republic of Belarus, a landlocked country in Eastern Europe. The .by domain name is operated by and sponsored by SCSI (State Centre of the Information Security of the President of the Republic of Belarus). SCSI works together with IANA, ICANN and ccTLD.
There are requirements for the domain name that must be met by applicants:
- Applicant must be a legal entity of the Republic of Belarus in order to register under the .by domain name.
- The registration process for the domain name, if done so with any computing/communication equipment, must be run with an uninterrupted electric power supply.
- The registrar must promise a reliable operation with the working of the system of servers under the .by domain.
- The registrar also requires a special permit from SCSI for activities relating to the protection of information.
- The registrar must comply to periodic checks from the administrator of the .by domain name to see if registrar is following expected requirements and rules.
- The registrar must be in possession of the following informational subsystems:
- electronic mail
- interaction with the registration of the .by domain.
There are also requirements for the registration of a .by domain name by the applicants:
- Registered domain names should use characters from the 26-letter Roman alphabet. Also included are the 0-9 digits and the hyphen (-).
- The hyphen may not be used at the beginning or at the end of a domain name chosen by an applicant.
- The hyphen cannot be placed in the third or fourth place of the domain name due to the .by punycode.
- The domain name cannot contain less than two characters, nor can it contain more than sixty-three.
- Governmental, public, military and law-enforcement entities are expected to register under the respective mil.by and gov.by domain names.
- Applicants are expected to use the name of their company or institution. Trademarks of other companies and institutions are to be avoided.
- The applicant bears full responsibility on any possible breach of rights to other intellectual properties and trademarks.
- Registered domain names under .by cannot contain obscenities of any kind.
Though registrants can apply directly at second-level there are also third-level domains under second-level labels, though these have restrictions. The second-level domain labels for .by are as follows:
Registrants are expected to check if a domain name is available for applying, for if it already exists it will not be accepted.
Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price. If you request a premium domain name we will contact you before completing your order.
In addition, the registry may at any time reserve domain names from registration or the sale may be restricted to comply with ICANN requirements.
International domain names from BB Online since 1997