Caribbean Domains: Bermuda (.bm)
Important: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the Bermudan domain type, ie. “bm”. Therefore to search “www.bb-online.bm” enter “bb-online” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register .bm domains your future Bermudan domain, click here!
Once the domain is registered
All Bermudan domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for Bermudan domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but BB Online make no charge to transfer a domain to another Bermudan domain name registrar.
Gets some use in Bermuda
.bm is the Internet country code top level domain name (ccTLD) for the Bermuda Islands, a British Overseas Territory in the North Atlantic Ocean. It is operated the BermudaNIC Registrar and sponsored by the Bermuda Government. All domains under the .bm country code is registered at a first come first serve basis.
As the .bm domain name is intended for use by Bermuda entities, the domain is restricted to registration by corporations, entities and organisations who are situated in Bermuda under the Companies Act. This also includes applicants under the Charities Act, such as clubs, associations and non-governmental organisations.
Registration is permitted directly at second-level or at third-level under a second-level domain label. The labels are as follows:
- .COM.BM - for commercial entities.
- .EDU.BM - for local educational institutions.
- .GOV.BM - for the government of Bermuda.
- .ORG.BM - for non-governmental organisations, associations and clubs.
To apply under the .bm domain name for Bermuda, applicants must follow a set of rules:
- The domain name chosen cannot be less than 3 characters long and cannot be longer than 50 characters.
- Characters allowed are of the Roman alphabet (a-z) and digits (1-9). This includes hyphens (-).
- Two hyphens are not allowed to follow each other.
- Hyphens are not allowed to be used at the beginning or at the end of a domain name.
- The chosen domain name for registration will not be accepted if it is obscene, offensive, immoral, threatening etc. These names will be removed.
- Two working name servers with specified addresses will be running at the time of registration.
These terms and rules are subject to change by the BermudaNIC Registrar.
Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price. If you request a premium domain name we will contact you before completing your order.
In addition, the registry may at any time reserve domain names from registration or the sale may be restricted to comply with ICANN requirements.
International domain names from BB Online since 1997