Asian Domains: Afghanistan (.af)
Important: When entering your search string don't write “www” or the Afghan domain type, ie. “af”. Therefore to search “www.bb-online.af” enter “bb-online” and nothing else.
The only letters allowed within a domain name are: a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. Spaces are NOT ALLOWED.
To register .af domains your future Afghan domain, click here!
Once the domain is registered
All Afghan domain names registered with us are stored on our international server. Domains registered with us are automatically provided with their own under-construction page - this notifies potential registrants that the name has been acquired and is now registered. The under-construction page is offered free of charge and may be used indefinitely.
It is possible for Web and/or Mail forwarding to be provided for Afghan domains.
Domain transfer/release fees are charged are by a majority of registrars, but BB Online make no charge to transfer a domain to another Afghan domain name registrar.
Gets some use in AfghanistanAfghanistan has the ccTLD ".af".
.af domain names must be between 2 and 63 characters long.
Domains are registered under the sub-domains .com.af and .org.af, and both these sub-domains require documentation to support the registration.
To register under .com.af, you must produce Trade license / Business authorization or approval from the Ministry of Commerce for any other Ministry or body responsible for registration or licensing of such bodies.
To register under .org.af, you must provide approval of registration documents from the ministry of planning for verification of the specified organization or any other Ministry or body responsible for registration or licensing of such bodies
The registry state that a registrant must have a working email address at all times during the registration period of the domain name, and if the registrants email address changes, the registry must be informed of the new address.
The registry state that registrations take place through an authorised registrar. Should your registrar cease to be an authorised registrar, the registry will inform you and you have one month to appoint a new registrar to host your domain name. A list of authorised registrars is published on the registry website. If you fail to appoint a new registrar within one month, your registration will be terminated.
The registry state that .af domain names must not:
- infringe or otherwise violate the rights of a third party
- the domain name is not registered for an unlawful purpose.
- the domain name is not used in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, such as a name that helps to discriminate on the basis of race, language, sex, religion or political view
- the domain name is not contrary to public order or morality (e.g. obscene or offensive names)
- The display of sexually offensive contents
- Spamming activities including the development of tools used to spam ; or any software or resources to be used for illegal activities, including viruses and hacking tools
- Any other activity which is illegal under Afghan law
- a domain name is identical or confusingly similar to trademark or trading name
- registering personal names where the registrant has no link to the name
- a domain name has been registered or is being used in bad faith
- a domain name is registered where the registrant has no right over or legitimate interests in the name
- registering a domain name with the intention of selling it on to the rightful owner of a trademark, trade name, social name or corporation name
- the domain name was registered primarily for the purpose of disrupting the business of a competitor
- the domain name was intentionally used to attract, for commercial gain, Internet users to the licensee's web site or other on-line location, by creating a likelihood of confusion with a trademark, trade name, social name or corporation name's owner
Some domain names may be classified by the registry as a premium domain name and will command a higher price. If you request a premium domain name we will contact you before completing your order.
In addition, the registry may at any time reserve domain names from registration or the sale may be restricted to comply with ICANN requirements.
Registration is made directly at the second level, or on the third level beneath various categorized subdomains at the second level. Third-level domains have restrictions based on which second-level domain they are registered under. Registration on second level is unrestricted, but more expensive. All fees are higher for international registrants.
- Population is estimated to be approx 31,889,923 people
- Gross Domestic Product is $20.099 billion US Dollars
- Languages recognised in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan are Dari and Pashto
International domain names from BB Online since 1997